What is the buddying scheme?
The buddying scheme is for new students at Teesside who would like to be contacted by another student to help them to settle into university and to refer them to services when needed.
Student & Library Services run the scheme for students in university accommodation.
Our buddies are volunteers who are also students at Teesside University.
How does the buddying scheme work?
- offer one-to-one guidance, to ensure students are OK
- help students to adjust to HE life and study at Teesside
- ensure students know how to access resources that they need
- signpost to other support and interventions as required
- empower students to find their own solutions and build learner independence and confidence
If you are interested in having a buddy, email firstname.lastname@example.org